Garage Door Repair
Whether you park your car in your garage or use your garage as a workshop or for storage, eventually the wear and tear on your garage door could force you into a bit of garage door service and repair.
You’ll know it’s time for garage door repair & service when it’s not opening and closing smoothly, stuck in one position, or making annoying banging, squeaking, clunking or grinding sounds. To lower your garage door repair cost, we recommend you do a quick self-inspection to see if you can fix the garage door yourself or if you should call a professional for immediate garage door repair service.
- Check your garage door tracks for dirt, dents or obstructions. Clear obvious obstructions and wipe the tracks with a mild non-abrasive cleanser.
- Check for rust on hinges and brackets and lubricate them as well as any moving parts.
- Use a hammer and piece of wood to tap out any dents.
- Ensure that your automatic opener is functioning properly. Test the batteries in your remote. Make sure you’re connected to a power source. Wipe down your sensors.
- Check your springs to make sure they are intact.
- See if your cables are frayed or have lost their tension. Tighten all loose screws.
- Check to make sure your garage door is hanging evenly.
When working properly, garage doors will not only make your home more visually pleasing, but will also provide an added level of security to your home and vehicle.
After your self inspection, if your garage door is still not working right, or if you notice broken or stretched garage door springs, frayed or loose garage door cables, bent or broken rollers, or an opener that’s not working, then it’s best to get help from a professional garage door technician.
Garage Doors Kitchener provides Emergency Garage Door Repair to homeowners in Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge and Surrounding Areas. We’re considered one of the best garage door companies in the Kitchener area, because of our reliable service, affordable prices and a strong money back guarantee.
If you want fast garage door repair and service from a reliable team of expert technicians, then we’d love to hear from you. Contact us today for a FREE Quote.